COVID – 19 Evaluation
The ability to accurately identify whether individuals are at risk for, infected with, or have an immune response to SARS-CoV-2 is essential to address the COVID-19 pandemic from both a personal and a public health perspective. Reliable testing is critical for:
- Determining the state of an individual’s immune response to exposure.
- Assessing whether an individual is contagious and needs to be quarantined.
- Deciding if an individual is immune and can return to society without undue risk.
- Facilitating contact tracing to reduce viral spread.
- Determining the prevalence and natural history of this novel disease.
If you think you have symptoms of COVID-19 or think you have had the disease in the past Dr. Larson will evaluate your history and order bloodwork to assess your COVID-19 status.
This can be done in the safety of your own home. The history is gathered by Dr. Larson over a HIPAA compliant video connection. The test appropriate for your history is ordered and the collection kit mailed to you. You collect the sample at home and return it by mail.
A follow up appointment is scheduled when your test result comes back. If you have an active COVID-19 infection you will be contacted immediately on receipt of the results.
Fill out the contact form to request an appointment.